Monday, March 14, 2011

Home Sweet Home


Mama B.'s porch

little chocolate ducks that I am bringing home to my chicks




sign in kitchen
 

The "Prince" and Mama B.'s house



this morning's view which
allowed me to stay a little longer


















I paid $4.95 so I could be blogging on the way home in flight...pretty exciting.  I was supposed to leave St. Louis this morning but "sloppy Snow"  had other plans.  What a gift my husband gave me for my birthday to see one of my most incredible heroes!  Props to Kris!  I feel like I left a scence from my favorite movie and book Anne of Green Gables.  Mama B.  is an absolute treasure to be around and the poster child for the Proverbs 31 woman.  She counts her blessings daily
and I found out that includes serving her family by cooking, laundry and chocolate chip cookies.  I'm armed and motivated to serve the Lord and my family with gladness.  Did I mention she is also a full time chaplain at Missouri Baptist Hospital.  I'm just sayin'....  I thought I'd give you a taste of her encouragement by reading the sweet note she wrote me along with a gift of a "pearl of great price" bracelet from her mission trip to China.  It was wrapped in a little, black, silk, drawstring bag.  The clasp on the bracelet is the Chinese symbol for blessing...precious indeed.  Here is what she wrote...(insert your name as needed);
"Dear, dear Amy,
    This morning's surprise snowfall awakens us to a joyful surprise from our Creator and echoes the joy and wonder in my heart at God's special treat in bringing you to St. Louis.  Of Course, He used your sweet prince to deliever it.  Precious Amy, you have been uniquely created with every gift for the life path (Prov. 3:5-6)  He has appointed for you a treasure trove of grace.  May He also grant you His peace, courage, stamina, and joy for the journey.  The Lord is good and faithful...always.  I Love U...MB"

See Don't you just love her?....I'm just sayin'......Thank you is not enough for the gift of encouragement she so graciously shared.  Hugs to you Mama B.  Or should I say Cold Lips...:)


My pearls of great price from China