Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby you're a Firework!

Matthew 5:16 says, "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven."  The band, Addison Road, has a great version of 'This Little Light of Mine'...Molly is dancing to it for this years recital.  I tear up every time...  It got me thinking of who this week have I seen Christ's love shine through?  Then my doorbell rang, it was Mrs. Tommye,  she had brought Rook a really cool full size pillow made out of two of his favorite t-shirts and an old pair of his jeans. (see pic) She wanted him to sleep on it the night before his big test.  She also brought Molly a glittery purse and ring (Glitter is always the way to Molly's heart).  Mrs. Tommye has been an adopted grand parent to my kiddos for 2 years now.  She has not been blessed with Gradchildren yet so she says that she is practicing with mine.  Woo Hoo!  I can't believe that there is someone who is asking to spend time with my kiddos without me asking...A great blessing.  Every now and then she will take them to see a movie or go out to eat.  She asks what she can pray for them and follows up.  I've seen her in action all over town, New York, and on the internet being Jesus' hands and feet and loving the hard to love.  She definitely brightens the world around her with the love of the Lord.  I am truly thankful for her light!  Baby you're a firework!