Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay

Lady Victory pointing to the battle of San Jacinto, Texas' victory over Mexico


The Duck Boat Car from WWII that could transport our troops from sea to land

A lot of History, This tour was one of my favorite activities

Going into the bay

Cha Cha gave Molly $10.00 she bought a pink dolphin for the dolphin tour boat, and some gummy worms

The Dolphin Tour Boat...We saw several pods of dolphins in the bay

Kris's hat from Molly's pony party has made the rounds



Looking at the dolphins..."I see 'em!"

Kris enjoyed seeing the big ships in the bay because one summer in college he spent ministering with YWAM on a Mercy Ship to the Dominican Republic, which gave him his passion for missions...He also felt the Holy Spirit's prodding him to marry me on that trip...AWWW Shucks....

See Em?


The last night we stayed at the Tremont Hotel built in 1876 on the bay side by the strand, this is an electronic key that I thought was really neat


See the old iron beds with brass knobs?  There were 20ft. ceilings....



The bathroom with art deco tiles...Is it weird that I took pictures of the bathroom?...The coffee maker had real mugs with the hotel logo...Once again thank you Priceline, name your own price, it's the way to great deals


These pics conclude our "Veecation" to Galveston Island.  The last night we enjoyed the bay side of the island.  The Tremont Hotel has a rooftop where you can sit and see the big ships come and go.  We borrowed bikes from the hotel and rode to Rita's Ice Custard one last time.  My family also had dinner with Jeff Scott Blakeman and his sweet family.  Scott was adopted by my biological father when he was 18 months old and lived with my family until he was 16 years old.  I was little when he moved out to live with his mother in LaMarque, Texas by Galveston.  I hadn't seen or talked with him in over 30 years, my father's death allowed us to reconnect.  It is great to know that he is a Christ follower, and is training up his family in the way they should go.  Psalm 33:6-7 says" By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.  He gathers the waters of the sea into jars."  Who am I that the Lord is mindful of me?