Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love to Hear the Robin Go Tweet, Tweet,Tweet

So, last night we celebrated my father in love's birthday.  He turned 60 over Memorial Day.  His nick name is Birdie.  My kids call him Big Bird.  He is one of the nicest people I know and I am so thankful that he is in our family.  He grew his beard about 5 years ago and he is Santa for about 6 weeks of the year.  He is so patient and kind and all children love him.  We went to Babe's Chicken House in Garland, Texas.  Babe's serves their food family style...So yummy!
Here's a prayer for all the Godly Men and Boys in our family...Father, from the youngest age, I ask that all the men and boys in our family have the purity and values of Joseph,who was able to love and forgive unconditionally, choosing to live obedient lives no matter what their circumstances.  May they like Daniel, have consistent and effective prayers holding to strong values.  Help them to be like David having a heart that is fearless when facing problems, honest, broken and repentant when they sin.  Allow them to be strong spiritual leaders in their families, at their job being salt and light.  May you be the priority of their lives, thank you for sharing them with me.  In Jesus' name, amen.

Here is Babe's...

Ruthie, my niece




Gina (Kris's Sister), Cha Cha and Ruthie




part of the ceiling



This was waiting by the door, it made me smile


homemade buttermilk biscuits with sorghum