Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hands Up!


The Raney family is proof to me that God will use whatever skill you learn sometime in your life to reveal more of Himself to you.  In High School I took my first sign language class and then felt called to go to ETBU for college which was strange to me because I knew I was supposed to get a deaf education degree and wouldn't be able to pursue that option at ETBU.  Well, The Wade Family is proof to me why I was supposed to go the ETBU. While attending ETBU I began a deaf ministry there, interpreting for chapel , teaching sign classes, and helping the deaf community in Shereveport.  Seven years later, Ryan Wade came to ETBU because it was the only Christian school that had a deaf ministry. It still has the ministry.  Marsha was his interpreter while at ETBU, they fell in love, were married and now have a beautiful family and live in Wylie.  Marsha interprets for the 9:15 service while I interpret for a 4th grader named Morgan who I have known for 3 years now.  God is good...For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer. 29:11

Morgan

Morgan and Neil

Kelly, and Neil Raney.   Marsha interprets for them.

The Wade Family, Marsha, Elianna, Ryan and Xander

Marsha interpreting for church while I'm with Morgan intepreting  in Sunday School