Monday, April 18, 2011

Children go where I send thee...


I try to keep consistent hours at the advocacy center.  This morning I helped fill Easter baskets for kids in foster care.  At the advocacy center last year, 8,322 hours for volunteer service was provided,4,245 community resource services were provided to 968 clients, 10,803 therapy services were provided to 864 clients, 787 forensic interviews were conducted, 1,292 clients benefited from the rainbow room.  The Rainbow room is my favorite because it is two supply rooms filled with new clothing, health care items, and toys donated by volunteers.  Laura Bush mandated that all foster children be given new items and toys or books to call their own before entering care.  I couldn't take pictures of rooms that had children in them so sorry that the photos are generic, but there is a Texas themed playground for the parent visits that is really neat.  I think Collin County does an excellent job of meeting needs for the least of these in our communities and I am thankful to help a little bit. Galatians 6:9 says " Do not grow weary in doing good for at the proper time you will reap a harvest" It is always difficult to go but those childen need to know that Jesus loves them.



The Easter Baskets that I helped fill for the kids

a waiting area

the lobby

the hug room wear kids can pick something to hug while waiting

All of the art work around the center is made by kids in therapy