Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Shave and a Haircut...Two Bits


Jenny (Julie's Assistant) and Julie


Molly likes to go too...free hugs and lollipops!
Matthew 10:30 says" Even the very hairs on your head are numbered"  (Kris says that means it doesn't take long to count his...solar panel...)  I'm thankful that I have Julie Jekot to try and keep track of my hairs.  She is a bouncing ball of happiness and full of advice for all who come to see her.  I've heard her many times declare God's word to those who come to fellowship and get a haircut.  I met her my first summer here in Wylie after I thought a perm would be a good idea...Rook thought I looked like Asland the lion, I made the big perm mistake on Valentine's Day so Kris accused me of trying to be like the goodess Afroditi...hmmm. Anywoo, Julie ever so politely agreed to tame my locks, I'm sure she wishes I were more bold with my styles and color but after the perm I'm scared....Kris goes to see her too, she even used to do Lance Armstrong's hair pre solar panel.  I'm grateful for a friend in Jesus and in Julie...Here is a prayer for this single mom Julie, Lord I Pray for Julie and others in my circle of friends and family who feel depleted spiritually, emotionally, physically who often feel like they are running on empty, no strength, no energy, no joy and they need a touch from you.  Let your spirit give them inner strength, let Christ dwell in their hearts through faith.  Help them to understand how high,how wide and deep your love is for them and allow them to be rooted in your love. (Eph. 3: 16-19)  Fill them with joy in your presence. Rather than emptiness, fill them with light, goodness and faith. Answer them in their distress; hear them when they pray.  Allow them to lie down in peace knowing that you keep them safe.  In Jesus' name, amen Hugs to you Jules!  You're a Rock Star!