Monday, May 2, 2011

Mama Mia!

Abraham Lincoln said, "All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel mother."  I love my momma.  She is a strong woman who has let the difficult times in life fuel her fire to be strong.  She is incredibly gifted in decorating, and making a house (even a Spanish style rental house) a home.  She has always made holidays special with unique traditions that I get to share with my children now.  She is organized and loves to read.  I am thankful for her this mother's day and lift this prayer on behalf of all of the mommas...Father, I am praying that mothers will live a life honoring you. May they be women of virtue, people whom others can trust and rely on.  Help them to always be ready to give comfort and encouragement, (Prov. 31:10-12)  May they be strong in faith, women of worship and prayer,those who sit at the feet of Jesus. May they choose the way of truth setting their hearts on Your commands. (Luke 8:48, 10:39-42; Psalm 119:3,30;Acts 16:13-14) In quietness and trust may they find strength; in trusting You may they find perfect peace.  When they're tired, give them strength; when they're weak, grant them power.  May their minds be steadfast and eyes focused on Christ. (Isaiah 30:15, 26:3, 40:29, Hebrews 12:2) May they know how precious and honored they are in Your sight, being assured of Your love.  May they put their hope in You. (Isaiah 43:4, Romans 8:38-39, Psalm 43:5)  May they know how much pleasure You have in them, and how much delight.  In Jesus' name, amen (complied from various Prayers for the Moment by Jim and Kaye Johns)
March 16, 1973...baby me

Going home from hospital

Decorator

Creative Costumes

Made my maxi dress

I'll always be Your Number One Cheerleader!

Don't Worry Mom, I Got Your Back!