Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eat it...Eat it...

Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24  Okay, so I am not a good cook.  When I am asked to bring anything to a get together, it usually is ice and drinks...I'm just sayin' my strengths are in other areas.  Since I found out that I was going to have a girl, my mom and sister have been after me to cook more...You're reading the blog of a girl who thought you had to brown the meat before you made meatloaf.  So, Molly saw a picture of salted caramel cupcakes and I was up to the challenge. I thought that I'd share the recipe and experience...Kris the taste tester said, and I quote," Single greatest culinary feat I've created." Can I get a WHAT, WHAT!

A Squeeze Bottle was involved...

Yes, I made buttercream icing...should be called butterdream


Salted Caramel Cupcakes
One box German Chocolate Cake mix Make as directed
 1/2 tsp.Sea Salt
Caramel Sauce
4 Skor Bars (I heart Skor bars)
A Squeeze Bottle (I know it's hard core right?)
Mix salt and caramel sauce together and warm in microwave.  Pour into squeeze bottle. After the cupcakes have baked, squeeze a little caramel into the cupcakes and let cool on rack. Put Skor bars into a plastic bag, and use a hammer (Hard Core!) to let all your frustrations out on the Skor bars and set aside to use as toppings for the cupcakes after you ice them with this HOMEMADE ICING...
Vanilla Buttercream Icing
1 stick unsalted butter (I like to say Buda...)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbls. whole milk
pinch of salt
Mix it all together and spread on top of cooled cupcakes...
If you don't have time, there is always Say It With Sugar...My favorite bakery in Wylie...