Thursday, May 19, 2011

Off He Goes! Into The Wild Blue Yonder!...

 Me with Brad. Mom told him to kiss me and he bit me...he was a biter

biter turned fighter!  Major Brad Winter!

My cousin Brad is getting married this weekend in Georgia.  He is marrying a beautiful girl named Kristen.  So now we will have 2 Kristen's and 2 Kris' in the family. (Geez, Louise) We have all prayed for Brad to find someone wonderful, and God has provided.  Brad is a major in the Air Force.  I haven't got to spend much time with him growing up because we always lived far apart from each other.  He is my Aunt Mary's first grandchild and so I've always heard about how proud she is of him all throughout my life. My mom and sister will get to go and provide me commentary, you know I love me some weddin'. I hate that I am missing out. Here is a prayer for Brad as he goes off into the blue yonder...
Lord, I'm praying for Brad, myself, and all of those in my immediate and extended family...Help us to love each other as we love ourselves.  May the Holy Spirit give us selfless love. (Matt.22:39, Romans 5:5)  May those who are married have Your perfect love especially for their children and each other.  May we be a family united in love.  Help us to submit ourselves to one another, considering each other more important than ourselves.  May we treat each other the way we want to be treated in every circumstance.  Lord, you always know what is best, help us to build relationships on Your principles for then nothing can come between us.  Thank you for Brad and his sweet Kristen, bless them, guide them, protect them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!