Tuesday, May 17, 2011

He's Still Workin' On Me

One of the songs that I'm teaching the kindergarten for graduation is 'He's Still Workin' on Me'.  The chorus says, He's still workin' on me, to make me what I ought to be, it took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the Earth and Jupiter and Mars, how loving and patient He must be, He's still workin' on me...My friend Sherry Shaw, in  Alabama, gave me this distressed vase to display to remind me that imperfect things can be beautiful and useful.  God uses imperfect people to do amazing things with His power, and strength.  I can be a people pleaser and so I need reminders that my identity should be in Christ.  Lord, today I pray that we all realize that we are new creations in Christ.  Lord help us to discover that we are Your child, co-heirs with Christ and that we can approach you with freedom and coinfidence.  Phil.3:12: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.
The vase Sherry gave me to remind me it's good not to be perfect

Brownies Molly and I made for Mrs. Holly's shower tonight.

To sprinkle or not to sprinkle...hmmm

Taa Daa...Holly likes brownies more than cake...praying for baby Lily

Of course we ate the extras with tea!