Monday, November 7, 2011

shake your groove thang...

Kris at the prayer wall...krissegrest.com
went to Cracker Barrel the night before her convention for dumplins'
Dumplins!
ummmm
Walking up , ready to find her team...
Her team!
Lunch break with her group
lady bug balloon peer pressure
Watching the older girls compete
the hotel had a heated pool, she got to swim with her friend Isabel
Marsha's 30th birthday, the company administrator
This weekend Molly and I went to our first dance convention...A whole lotta blingy dance mom shirts, pink, spandex, feathers, glitter spray, and oh yea dancing!  Molly attended 6 different dance style classes and learned a lot.  There were other dance studios from all over Texas there. Molly was in 5 to 10 year old group.  I caught her eye watching the older girls.  I noticed she was becoming more and more timid and started comparing herself.  That made my heart hurt.  I reminded her of her strengths and all of the things that God has given her.  She jumped back in, and started complementing the other girl's outfits.  She made new friends and a desire to practice more.  I am so thankful for balcony people in my life, that show up with encouragement, right when needed.  My friend Sarah Haddix has been that for me several times.  Last week she made my family supper complete with chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, and she has a house full of 4 sweet children.  I am thankful for Romans 8:1 which says, "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Dance Mom blingy shirts...
blingy necklaces

even flip flops...

Molly and Kendall practicing their new moves...

Molly and her two friends named Kendall taking an ice cream break!