Monday, October 3, 2011

Every Little Thing She Does...

Welcome to Rachel Ashwell's Texas B&B.  She is the originator of the Shabby Chic look.  I couldn't take pictures of the little bungalows.  One of them looked like a little school.  It was a beautiful place, that made me miss England.  She is from England, and her fabrics reflect that, cabbage rose, wispy, pastels that I noticed at the Liberty of London store.  I desperately wanted a spot of tea, and 2 lumps...but we just went to gawk and AHH...

The barn where everyone is fed

Her latest book

Not too Shabby...Bubbe (my mom) and Mary Francis (my sister's mother in love)

Awesome...to the tune of $125.00 dollars, not pesos...motivation to break in the sewing machine

The light is made out of a wedding dress hoop...





palm trees in the middle of Texas...


The main B&B house






The Arbor, a place to eat...

Notice the Union flag out of horseshoes for the gate..




Psalm 8:3-4 says, "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars,which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"  I am thankful for times that I am reminded that God is always around me.  Like when I feel a gentle breeze on my cheek, the faces and voices of my loved ones, He sends little reminders if I look and listen every minute of everyday.  I am thankful that when I seek the Lord, He is always found.