Friday, February 25, 2011

Here ye! Here Ye! Read All About It!



Isaiah 50:4 says, "Every morning He wakes me. He teaches me to listen like a student."  Today I was reminded how much influence teachers have on their student's lives when I went to hear Rook recite his written work that he has been practicing for the upcoming 4th grade writing test.  His teacher, Mrs. Hudgins, has done an excellent job in teaching her class the writing process.  I am so thankful for the influence Smith Elementary has had on Rook in building his character as well as his academic person. Rook calls himself Eeyore.  I would agree that he tends to hold a melancholy viewpoint to his glass half empty world.  An example from his writing today was "I felt like I was submerged in the sea of despair." Mind you, the most despairing situation he has had so far in his life is getting his hair trimmed every six weeks.  He did a terrific job today.  It made me giggle with joy. I pray that I will be still enough to hear my Savior speak truth to me.  I pray that I would listen and receive His words that speak life, joy, peace, and hope. I pray that before I or anyone in my family begin any activity that we would seek God first and allow him to remind me of lessons past in efforts not to have to relearn.