Friday, June 22, 2018

Turn on Your Heart Light!


A Diagram of My mom's heart (black = blockages, red=procedure)


  Molly found my blog from 7 years ago.  She asked me to start doing it again.  It helped her to remember trips and thoughts that she had forgotten.  So, while my mom is in the hospital having her heart bypass surgery I decided why not...TURN ON MY HEART LIGHT and start again.

  It is so difficult to watch my mom recover from heart surgery but I am hopeful that this procedure will make us all a little stronger and that she can live life again.  It has been sweet to see her, despite her pain, remember nurse's names, their children's names and rather or not they are single.  She really likes the ones that will sneak her a coke when no one is looking.  I see her heart light shining bright in her darkest hour.  God is good.

  I heard a quote by Jeff Hood, "The strongest hearts have the most scars."  That is only true if you do as James 1: 2 says to "Count it all Joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance."  God never promised that we would not face trials.  He promised that He would be with us and that we will become stronger.  Just like Kelly Clarkson said with a head bop: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"  So chin up Buttercup!  Or your crown will fall off. Let's Shine Bright!


Wooden hearts in the lobby of Baylor heart Hospital

Reunion Tour Chandeliers in the lobby